Central Govt. Support for Cancer Treatment
Central Government Schemes
There are multiple schemes and aid that are provided by the government from time to time for the
benefit of cancer patients. These include benefits in availing treatment as well as access to treatment.
We have listed down a few of the benefits to cancer patients.
|Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund (PMNRF)
PMNRF provides benefits by partially covering costs of medical care like cancer treatment costs.
Patients can apply by downloading and applying for the benefit by filling up the form.
Supporting documents required: Two passport size photos, residence proof, Original medical certificate incorporating the type of disease and estimated cost of expenditure,
You can refer to the list of empanelled hospitals with PMNRF
|Schemes by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Rashtriya Arogya Nidhi (RAN) provides benefits to BPL patients to receive medical treatment at any
Regional Cancer Hospital
or government hospitals in India
Health Minister’s Cancer Patient Fund (HMCPF) is available for patients living below the poverty line
Health Minister’s Discretionary Grants up to a maximum of Rs. 50,000 to poor patients for treatment/hospitalization where free medical facilities are not available
- The medical benefit up to Rs 2 lakh is provided as a one time grant to the medical supdt. of the hospital providing care to the patient
- Cases involving treatment beyond 2 lakh are referred to Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India for providing funds.
- Details on the scheme can be found
|Schemes for Central Government Employees
For providing better cancer treatment facilities to CGHS beneficiaries,
many hospitals have been empanelled in June 2011 under CGHS exclusively
for Cancer treatment as per the rates of Tata Memorial Hospital for Cancer Surgery.
In addition, patient can avail cancer treatment at approved rates from any hospital,
where facilities for cancer treatment are available.
Link to CGHS website
Air Fare Concession
Train Ticket Concession
- Air India provides benefits to cancer patients by charging only 50% of economy class fare.
- Air India benefits can be availed by completing the form and informing the airline.
Airline Concession form
- We do not have any concession details from private sector airlines offering this details. If you know of any airline which provides such details, please provide us the details
Income Tax Rebates
- Patients and an attendant can travel for treatment at concession rates. While patients travel free, attendants gets 75% subsidy in their fares
- Form for availing the benefit can be found
Register for regular updates